Twin sisters

At times like these I think of Ridgefield Park and how my sisters would tune to Adele's CD and my father and I would roll our eyes with the songs. My niece sincerely loves Adele. My sisters, too. At some point, though, you get to know the lyrics and it grows in you. The car windows are rolled down and it's May. It's not that warm yet. I would have worn a long-sleeved shirt. At this Korean mart my father and I enjoyed a lot of free tastes of different kinds of kimchi. My sisters would buy the right kimchi for the right dish--say, seaweed for fried chicken, or cabbage and oyster kimchi on slow-cooked pot roast. Then at home my sisters have this television which seemed so advanced, the kind which can record television shows where you can pause and play any time, so even if we get home at 9PM we can still watch the 630PM Jeopardy and answer the wrong things and wished we won the Daily Double question; or the NBA Finals where I really tried not to care but even my father cared, and my sisters were fans of, and my niece cared a great deal about, where we rooted for Oklahoma City Thunders and cheered for Kevin Durant. I've never been that interested with NBA. It's viral enough when everyone watches the same thing on our sofas in our pajamas nibbling at Girl Scout cookies, which I absolutely liked. I would stroke Emma the three year-old pomeranian until she rolls over and begs my hands for a massage. It would smell like dog coat and fragrant shampoo. Then I would search for good museums to go to in Manhattan, and trace on the laptop screen with my fingers the right subway stop. I love the subways. I adore the alphabetical system, and the thrill of getting lost, and the guessing game it entails. In the mornings I would climb uphill with my father to the bus stop for the 955AM bus to New York. At Port Authority we would go to the subway, would traipse through Bryant Park and West 4th and Fifth Avenue without spending anything save for Sabrett or a fancy sandwich on a coffee shop next to Strand's Books while watching everybody spend everything, take pictures of everything, and take note of how the city breathes at daytime. We would wait for 5PM where my sisters would call it a day from their offices. We would dine in relatively cheap but good restaurants, some Turkish, some Korean, and almost all the time I feel my guts stretching from the bulk of what I've eaten, and the table would be all about the sushi and the tea and stories from college and graduation and what's next, how's the Philippines.